Dissecting the Thanksgiving Table

posted on: 11.25.2013


We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday because Wyatt has to work the day of. It was all really last minute planning. Literally, the day before. With three kids, it had to be simple. 
I prefer simple, natural table settings anyway, so it worked out well.
You might remember my table from last year. I used similar flowers (from Trader Joes), but also added the succulent I already had from elsewhere in my house. I bought a varied bouquet with lots of greens and purples that I split up, and some hypericum berries to add in. The vases I've had for years, and are from Ikea. My placemats I bought on One Kings Lane, a few years ago. All the flowers came with long stems, but I wanted it to feel more modern, and also casual, so I trimmed them way down.
It's all in the details, here are some of my favorite:
1. Use your leftover flower trimmings, the stems or a little bud, to garnish the plate or silverware.
2. Tie your silverware together with elegant ribbon, like velvet. I usually do this, and add the flower trimming in with it, like a pretty little package (didn't have the ribbon this time around).
3. Add some pretty linen napkins, try folding them vertically, under the plates for a layered look.
4. One year my mother in law had printed a beautiful quote about home and thankfulness and placed it on each plate. It was such a nice sentiment.
5. Try leaving the table bare. There are so many neat placemats and runners out there, you don't need a tablecloth. Especially if you have a great farm table, let that show!

I've made it easy for you and pulled most of the sources, or something similar so you can create the same look. If you're wondering what that funky looking flower is off to the left, it's a Protea. They're stunning, and Trader Joe's has them throughout the fall always.


Other beautiful tables I've bookmarked for down the road...

source

source not available

source

source

What table is your favorite? Do you have tried and true table tricks when hosting? I'd love to hear!
xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger