Doable Designs

posted on: 8.23.2013

I am all for that showstopper of a room. You know, that one that immediately catches your eye on Pinterest and then you notice yourself drooling a little? For the majority however, they're just great eye candy (and great they are!), but usually aren't rooms most people would consider practical.

Then there are the rooms I come across on Pinterest that stop me dead in my scrolling tracks and I think, "damn that's good, AND totally doable". I think I especially appreciate those. I've decided to start a series just for that. Unique, pretty and stylish, yet still practical, a Doable Design.
A Doable Design, for me, is something I can live in with kids, that is pretty, feels personal and unique, and not stuffy. I'm not at all into rooms that feel stuffy, it's got to have a sense of humor.
Here is one of my recent favorites and some of the pieces to get you started... 



This space feels so cozy and comfortable. I love how welcoming it feels. The chesterfield sofa, sleek pendant, and pop of pink also make it chic, which I love. It feels like the perfect space for a small family, or new couple. I could definitely see our family taking up residence there, gladly. 

Sources:
Sofa 

4 comments:

  1. rachel cowan8/23/13, 4:25 PM

    can't wait for more of these! i'm so in love with black walls, doors, etc right now and this room is great- still feels so clean, warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely Rachel, me too! I would love to have black doors in my house ( don't think the owners of this house would go for it though- bleh!)

      Delete
  2. I do really like it, but IMO you would have to do a darker sofa with kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, thanks! Yeah, I know a lot of people feel that way. I'm some where in the middle though (obviously since I decorated my entire nursery in white upholstery:). It's definitely not for everyone, but with the right fabrics and treatment I think it's doable. However I do think a medium gray sofa would also look great in this space and might be that perfect solution for parents more worried about that.

      Delete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger