Dr. Horsley

posted on: 5.28.2013

Today is Wyatt's LAST DAY of Medical School. It's going to take me maybe all day to process that. Maybe longer.
But agh!!!!! Yes!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!

I can't think about the upcoming move right now, or my kids, or my job, or anything, because this has been such an all encompassing part of us and now it's done. He is no longer a medical student. No more school ever, EVER for him. Right honey?
He is Dr. Horsley, and I plan to address him as that all week, if nothing, just to embarrass him. I am so incredibly proud of Wyatt, and all the hard work, and hurdles he's overcome to get to this point. Medical school is a freaking beast, and I know residency will be too, but Wyatt has handled it so well.  He's taken each surprise, out of country move, lack of sleep, with class, like he does everything. 

And although, while in the middle of it all, Dominica was a challenge, we both miss the simplicity that came with that life, and miss it. That's what I'll remember most when I think of our med school years. So here's to looking back babe at some really fun, hard, hot, memorable times...
















Congratualtions Dr. Horsley I love you so much and feel so happy for you that you have accomplished this!!!!
And also thank you a million times over to both our families, and especially Wyatt's for their endless love and support. I don't know how we could have have made any of this work with out you!

6 comments:

  1. Ok this may be long...and a little weird.....but whatever. I cannot for the life of me remember HOW I found your blog but I'd guess it was through the Med School life or Dominica world. I guess it's not important. I have checked in off and on since finding you because you are living my life from years ago. Then today, when I saw your post, I seriously cried real tears for you and my heart was jolted back to SOOOO many memories. My husband went to Ross TWELVE years ago. I walked the exact roads you did and swam at the same beaches with my two girls (we took a 2 yr old and 3 month old). Reading about all your adventures makes me feel old for sure, but mostly I LONG for those days back in a big, bad way. It seems like once we were off the island, life took off waaaaaay too fast for my liking. We're now living the "dream" haha.....established in Highland, Utah with 6 kids. CRAZY! I'm so happy for you and all you're doing, accomplishing and embracing. You are one very talented, amazing girl....cause blog life doesn't lie right!? :) Your kids are darling, and just think....you're ALMOST there!!! Enjoy every minute. My heart really, truly aches for so much of our Med School life. It was insanely hard, but it's true......sometimes living on student loans is the good life ;) Oh, and your cousin (?) Alyssa is one of my sisters very best friends. Roomates for a long time in fact. Small world. Congrats on making it through Med School. You don't realize how amazing you are for doing it until years have passed cause it's all you know right?! :) And good luck in Residency!!!! It's so fun to follow your exciting adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laci!!! Crazy that your husband went there 12 years ago! Good to know it DOES all come to an end at some point:) Thank you for your kind words, and for saying hello! I love knowing who is reading along. xo

      Delete
  2. I'm crying. I'm not sure why. Post pregnancy hormones I suppose. I love the look back at the pictures of Dominica! What a journey it's been! Way to go guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, cute Cass! It has been a journey- for us all! Those were good times. The pictures make me sad too. We lived in a crazy, hard, dream land. That kind of was cool, but kind of sucked too, right?

      Delete
  3. congrats wyatt!!!!!! that is HUGE. i remember your dominica days - i TOTALLY remember that pack-mule stroller picture.

    so happy for you BOTH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my hell, that stroller!! I thought that would be the death of me.

      Delete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger