Pinching Myself

posted on: 4.12.2013

I'm still coming down from the high that was this past weekend. If you follow me on Instagram, you saw that I was in San Francisco working on something very exciting. Me, along with the talented Kelli Ryder, Courtney Lake, Bryn Dunn, Reichel Broussard, and Paloma Contreras were invited to the city for the weekend for a Style Summit, hosted by Joy & Revelry (insert me pinching myself). 

It was a weekend for us to meet each other, brainstorm, and to prepare for the official launch of.... my own store!
Again, pinching myself. Opening my own store has been in the back of mind for years. "Someday" I would tell myself. Well, thanks to Joy & Revelry that someday is coming the end of this month! I'm beyond giddy with excitement.
The location for the interior shots couldn't have been neater. Even after spending two long work days there I still didn't want to leave. Man, I love myself some California living! 

Products and props = Christmas morning for a design enthusiast! 


My main objective at the house was to design a few spaces using products that will be available in my store. None of that would have been possible without the amazing crew. Photographers Lu and Mike (shot also for Elle Decor!), videographer Marcus, and killer stylist Nissa. She was some sort of miracle worker that one.
I loved watching and being a part of the behind-the-scenes. The set up, take down, and constant editing was so fun! We ended up with beautiful product shots, and funny videos too which I can't wait to show you!

After 9 months of working together I was finally able to meet Reichel in person! She's about as happy, and easy going as she looks in this pic. She might think I'm nuts, but I still have a job, so I guess my ziplock packing extremes didn't scare her off too much.

 Since Paloma, Bryn, Reichel and I don't live in the city we got to share a house together in the beautiful Pacific Heights area. I loved that we stayed in a house instead of our own hotel rooms. It gave us a chance to unwind together, recap and laugh about our day, and make funny memories (roof leak, two lockouts, and one breaking and entering:) Let's just say I have high expectations for locksmiths here on out. It'll be hard to top the one we spent our evening drilling with!
 It's an interesting thing meeting bloggers, wondering if they'll be the same in person as they are online. In this situation I can say they are all even nicer and genuine in person, and I had a blast spending the weekend with them!
(photo by Bryn Dunn)

Thanks to Joy & Revelry for an unforgettable Style Summit! 

More details on the official launch and a Q & A later this month!

13 comments:

  1. Whaaaat?!!!! Your own store! You can't just drop that without giving more details! I am dying! It's official: you are my new claim to fame. So happy for you and these exciting things in your life! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me laugh! More details to come:) thanks always for your love. Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Even though I knew about it...seeing it in print still makes me giddy! Sooo happy for you! Can't wait for the official opening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww you're so sweet! It was SO awesome meeting you and you're amazing. I wish you lived closer because you have such great style and an endless supply of energy. I love it! Imagine all that we'd accomplish?! Well, check out all we accomplish now and multiply it by 10! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding, right?! I had such a hard time leaving that place. It would be perfection if I could transport my family

      Delete
  4. Chels, I am so happy that your dreams are turning into a reality:). You so deserve it! Cannot wait to hear more about your store!!!!! That is AMAZING!!! And it sounds like you had a fabulous/adventurous weekend. ��Ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jen!! It is so thrilling:) I don't know that I deserve it, but it's fun to have something just for me for a little change. It always feels nice to find what you love to do and to to be able to do it. Xoxo

      Delete
  5. Wahoo! Congratulations Chelsea! What an amazing experience and opportunity. I can't wait to check out your store :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erin! I hope you do check it out:)

      Delete
  6. Waaaahoooo!! I am SO happy for you! What a dream come true! You deserve this Chels and have definitely proven yourself. You have so much talent and I can't wait to see it in your own store!! So awesome...congrats girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the greatest Wahoo ever:) Thank you friend! xoxo

      Delete
  7. this is beyond cool chelsea. i'm so happy for you! what a great fit for you. i look forward to your store and the future when i can buy something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The future when you can buy something- haha:) Me too! When are these boys going to be done? Sheesh, I need to decorate my house! Thanks for your encouragement and support, always.

      Delete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger