The Boys 1st Party!

posted on: 7.03.2012

We celebrated the boys party with a few friends and some family. The boys loved it, totally stayed awake the whole time, never cried, oohed and ahhed about the thought I put into the decorations, loved their birthday cake, and were so grateful for their presents.
Yep. Sure.
I do love any reason to celebrate though, and they are good reason, even if they didn't know it.

Balloons and party hats make everything fun, right?

The cakes! A mini tin can cake for each boy, and a larger one for the guests. The tin can cakes turned out great & were easy to make (well, so says my mom!)




Make a wish! Now this is where the fun really started...
Tuck- totally unsure about this wobbly sticky tower placed before him
Finn- completely annoyed at the sight of it, and all of us staring at him
Tuck- WHAT is this crap!
Finn- yeah, it's okay
Finn- wait, nevermind. I hate this too!
Finn- this is terrible, make it stop!
Tuck- okay wait, what is this thing again?

In the end it gave us all a good laugh, they went straight to bed, and we ate the rest of their cake:)

Thanks to these two for alllll they did that day to help me! 
I'm hoping they enjoy their second birthday a bit more.

ps- I finally figured out how to reply to your comments in the comment section, so if you asked a question or just wanted to check back... that's where to look!

*Twins t-shirts from Phoenix & Nola via Gilt, shorts from Zara

17 comments:

  1. Laughing out loud and loving every word of this post because I can hear you saying it in my head. Love your perfectly simple and crisply detailed taste. It's a gift. I miss you.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you decorated for their party, adorable. Those pictures are hilarious of their reactions to the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! I just used things they already had in their rooms- it's a great, FREE way to decorate for any party:)

      Delete
  3. happy first birthday boys! gorgeous party, cutest babies and such a super sweet big sister. congrats to you too chelsea -- that tough first year is down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I feel like me and Wyatt should have a 1 year party for us too! We survived!!

      Delete
  4. Oh my! i can't get over how cute your kids are! And Tuck, i just feel like "eating" him he's so adorable! Congrats on your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha i'm with annie and am laughing at every word. seriously the best reactions i have EVER seen. and of course the party is absolutely perfect. and your yard? i feel that you live on an estate. wish i were there to celebrate with those two loves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maddie!! An estate- ha:)! More like a 100 year old farm house. I'm not complaining, we love it, but it's no estate I tell ya.

      Delete
  6. Your boys are so adorable that I can't get over it! Beautiful party. Can't believe that is your backyard! For reals I would never move!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awe! happy birthday boys! funny commentary... : ) those cakes are adorable! (the twins more though...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORABLE!!!! I love the reactions-- haaaa! classic-- and I truly love the hats and balloons ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. giggling while I read this one. Carter did the same thing his first birthday, and what a character he's been. I tell ya...Anyways, such a cute post and absolutely adorable boys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sad to have missed it. However it looks perfectly put together as always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. okay seriously that last picture of tuck just staring at the cake with his glasses has had me and matt laughing all day. i think i'm going to put it on my fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!! He was so confused by that. He just kept poking his finger in it, starting at his finger. Then staring at the cake. Repeat.

      Delete
  12. He either 1- didn't know what it was, or 2- knew he wanted it but didn't know how to get the whole thing into his mouth... little piglet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mouth is to the floor... I cannot believe they are already O.N.E!! Cheers to all you Horsley's! I have got to get there, b/c it looks so divine!! Oh. And I'm not kidding. I invite myself to many things, and I'm doing it again. :)

    Party pics are true classics. Love them boys!! Happy Birithday!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger