I got a cool job!

posted on: 6.21.2012


A little over a month ago I read on one of my favorite blogs, Copy Cat Chic, that Reichel was looking for a design assistant. She described the potential candidate as someone who is passionate about design, likes to be online, and is a self professed deal hunter. Perfect, right?! I felt like she was describing exactly what I love best, so I applied, right then. I was a bit nervous, seeing as I haven't had a job other than mom for a really long time. I didn't let my nerves get the best of me though and I just went for it.
After submitting a few mock designs for her (a process that took a little over a month) she narrowed the field down from over 100 applicants to me and one other. We both got the job, and I couldn't be happier! I'll be designing spaces for her E-design clients, and really anything else she wants:) I'm so excited to dive into the design/blog world on a more professional level, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity she's giving me! It feels really good to have worked hard, put myself out there, and be rewarded.

If you haven't been lucky enough to read her blog yet, do it now! She's incredibly talented, sweet, and the best deal hunter there is. You can visit us here (that sounds weird... and fun?!), where she just announced me as her newest team member. I hope you do stop by and say hello on both blogs, as I'll still continue to write here- of course!

13 comments:

  1. So happy for you...you'll do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's even more exciting now that it's official!! Congrats sweetie! It truly is a perfect fit for you.You'll do a fabulous job...can't wait to see your design work featured! Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, that's awesome! You have great taste, so I know you will be perfect for the job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So perfect!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muchisimas Felicidades!!!
    The job suits you perfectly! I am excited to read your future entries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Came over here from CC and love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much! I'm thrilled for the opportunity & appreciate, so much, your kind compliments!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No one deserves this more! You'll be incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stumbled across you blog and I'm glad I did! Congrats on your accomplishments! I think your home looks stylish as well as very unique and authentic:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girl. My Instagram name is bkaves. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Chels!!! What a perfect job for you, you will be amazing!! So excited for you, and hope all is well. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger