Twenty One & Very Lucky

posted on: 5.14.2012

Can you believe I was only 21 when I married Wyatt?
I still can't! Even though we had dated for a couple years, I was just a baby when we said I do. I thought I knew just what I wanted. I didn't. I took a huge risk getting married so young, naively thinking I would have the same needs and wants as I do now.

Ironically enough, my needs and wants have changed, and I couldn't have ever predicted when I was the young age of 21 that Wyatt would be the exact type of man I would want to be with... still. 
I always felt like I had won the jackpot with him. A real life "nice guy" who happened to be wonderfully handsome too. 
Eight years later, and I'm still discovering how big that jackpot was!

11 comments:

  1. You guys make a stunning couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only been eight years and I already think I look ridiculous in that tux. I look like a junior high kid that robbed a big and tall store. Funny and ironic that you keep making reference to the jackpot when we are in the starving student phase. I think for our anniversary I'm going to get you a shirt that says, "I won the jackpot and all I got was med school debt." We love each other now, but just think how much we are going to love each other when we can actually have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite picture! What a sweet post -- I'm so glad you married each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary you two! we're pretty happy you're in our family, chels! WE couldn't have asked for anyone better. matt and i try to be like you two - you're just about the coolest couple we know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary you two! We are so happy that you're happy...wow, that's alot of happy:)
    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are perfect for each other. I hope it was a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you two together. Perfect match! Happy Anniversary! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wy, you look so young in that photo it's crazy! Chels, seriously, you don't.age.at.all! Totally unfair!
    Congrats you two! I'm inspired by the adoration, support and unconditional love you give to each other! xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. you two are lucky to have each other. isn't it amazing that at this age, you two still fit perfectly together. i guess many couples don't make it because they grow apart. i'm so glad these past 8 years have only helped you grow closer together. we sure feel like we won the jackpot too with you in our family. wy's pretty much the greatest. set high standards for all the brother-in-laws! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy happy Anniversary! how fun ;) CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We got married less than a year before you when I was 26. I'm not sure I knew what I was doing anymore than you did :).

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger