happy, right now.

posted on: 1.31.2012

I drove down the 75 this afternoon biting my nails furiously. I was running late, although that's not why I was anxious. I had Tuck's bag packed for a stay. We were headed to see a Neurosurgeon at the hospital. Tuck was diagnosed with Hydrocephalus right before Christmas.

Since moving to Michigan four months ago Tuck has become the patient to a Cardiologist, Pulmonologist, Gastroenterologist, Geneticist, Physical Therapist, Speech Pathologist, and now Neurosurgeon. There has yet to be a week here where we haven't needed to go see one of them.

He's a tricky one to figure out, that Tuck. He's keeping the doctors on their toes. Syndrome is the word they keep using, although no one's sure which one. He keeps me very busy, and Wyatt too worried. We're still in the thick of the storm, trying to get diagnoses for a couple different issues, trying to manage the endless appointments, but today the storm lifted just a bit.

Like I said, I had bags packed. Bottles for the rest of the day, pj's just in case, my book. The other kids had babysitters. As I drove I thought about the possible things I might hear from the doctor. Shunt was the word I really didn't want to hear. Then I thought about the weather, and how the snow on the side of the freeway was ombre looking. Probably because my mind didn't want to scare itself before it knew for sure, and the weather was safe.

The doctor put me at ease right from the get go. He was super casual. And quick too. He already knew everything about Tuck's history, so we didn't have to go over the usual rundown. That was really nice. I appreciated that. We looked over Tuck's MRI and he showed me pictures of normal brain fluid, compared to Tuck's brain fluid. Tuck has more than normal, but not an alarmingly amount more. Good news. Tuck, he thinks, only borderline has hydrocephalus and at this point, doesn't need a shunt. More good news! In fact, it's the first good news about Tuck's health that I've heard since living here. I was grinning ear to ear.

After the doctor left the room, and before I strapped Tuck back in his car seat, I squeezed him, and rocked him, and loved on him. I hoped he could feel the good news too.



I drove home with the stereo blaring, and just felt really happy for him. Later tonight I happily unpacked his bag.

18 comments:

  1. Chels, That is such AWESOME news!!! I am so glad that you and Tuck had a good day. I think of you often, and wish you many more happy dr visits:) Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a love. I'm so glad to hear you've got some good news. Hang on to that for a while. I'll pray it keeps rolling on in:)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally something to shed tears of joy about! this makes me so happy. and oh my gosh that picture - i need to see that perfect little bugger right now! i love him. here's to more good news :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big huge sigh of relief. I am so happy for some good news for you and lover boy Tuck. Will continue praying for more good news to come your way. Wish I was there to take your kids while you went on these trips or to take you to red mango to celebrate good news. Lots of love. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad. I totally think he felt the good news. You have a great writing style by the way, very well told. I love the picture of Tate and Avery, even if it is a little grainy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh chelsea. so glad to hear some good news, but sad to hear you've been through a lot with him medically thus far. i will keep tuck in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying to type through my tears...but like Maddie said, they are tears of joy!! Sooo happy for all of you and so glad that the news was good! Let's keep that going...that's what we'll be praying for too!Oh, and give both of those sweet little boys a kiss and love from Grandma! Oh, OK...Tate, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes my day! I'm so so so glad that it went well! I see much more of that coming his way. He is the sweetest boy around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah!!! You guys have deserved a break, glad the clouds have lifted even if just a little. I love that mom is posting about crying in dad's account...love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Tuck! It makes me happy that you are happy. I know he felt the good news and jammed out to the radio with you! Love and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh man. chelsea, this stuff must be so hard. any potential health issues with these little people... rocks a mama's world. so so so glad you got some good news though. you, all of ya!, deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is crazy. I had no idea Tuck was dealing with all of these issues. I'm so glad you were finally able to have some good news! Much love to you and your family, Chels! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just came across your blog and had to say wow- what a strong woman you are. So glad you got good news. Your Tuck is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chels! I have been wondering what your bad news was...seriously wishing you all the best & more good news to start rolling in. Wish we were still neighbors so you could pass some kids my way on your dr. visits.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Doing a happy dance for all of you right now! My heart is so full and smiling for you. God bless him!

    Tate, Happy Birthday little lady! We miss you! Your birthday party looked like SO much fun! Gosh, your mommy must love you a lot. (Absolutely darling Chels!) And so do we!

    ReplyDelete
  16. tears in my eyes reading this! that little boy....he deserve all that life has to offer him. i'm so happy for the good news!! and i'm in love with that picture. frame it. now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How did I forget to comment on this!! I read it and loved it and could have sworn I told you so?

    Anyways. Yes. Read it and loved it. Mostly just loved the happy news about his health and feeling your love for him come through in your writing. (The writing was great, by the way.) im sorry that i didn't know tuck was dealing with any of this. Glad to know things are looking up and will be praying they continue to do so. What a sweet little guy, and so brave already! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. aww, little tuck. so glad it was a good day. you're doing awesome chelsea.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger