Fell in Love

posted on: 8.18.2011

This week I completely fell in love. You know, the motherly, I want to eat you, kiss your face off, squeeze you to death, would do anything for you kind of love. 
Wyatt, Tate, and Tuck are on vacation (it's a long story), so me and Finn have had three days to ourselves. No other kids to tend to, no splitting my time. Just me, and just Finn to spend the days however we please.
For me, the bonding with the twins has come slowly. Slower than I'd hoped. Did I totally love them right when I saw them, yes. Did I feel like I knew them more and more as time in the Nicu went on, yes. But there was "something" that I can't put my finger on that was missing. I know most, if not all of it, was due to the fact that they spent the first three months of their life being taken care of someone other than me. But this week I've really felt like Finn's mom, and I've loved it. I know that I know him better than the nurses now and it feels so good.
I know that he wiggles his arms like a chicken when he's eating.
I know he's happiest and will want to flirt after he's done eating.
I know he needs time to wiggle on his back, get all his coo's out, and smile before he's ready to go down for a nap.
I know he prefers to lie on the right side of his head.
I know that if I do a certain kissy game I have a 95% chance to get a smile out of him.
I know he loves it when I'm wearing stripes
I know when he starts to stir out of his slumber that I've got about 10 seconds before he breaks out in full crying dramatics:)
I know he doesn't prefer his binkie right after he eats, but demands it all other hours of the day.

I'm completely smitten.


(ps- don't worry Tuck, I love you just as much)

9 comments:

  1. A gorgeous post for a gorgeous little man. Finn is on our short list of baby names also (for when the time comes that is). I can't imagine what you're going through -- you must feel like you could just burst with joy :-)

    Sal x

    http://danielandi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm of COURSE you are smitten- look at that little face-- he looks so Horsely and therefore- adorable-- I'm so happy that you got that time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wonderful to have a little one on one time! YOu are such a good mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man! I'm in love with him now, too! So so darling. And I adore his romper/onesie. Where's that from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable. what a cute little kid and a sweet sweet mom. so glad you can say you know him better than the nurses. i cant imagine how hard that was!!! you are a strong woman, chelsea! anyway, enjoy loving on your little man. :) and kissing his face off and all that good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's not to love:) What a great time for you two, and I'm guessing it was the same for Wyatt , Tuck and Tate! Little Finners is adorable, and I can't wait to get equal face time with Tuck! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this. i'm sure there is no greater feeling than when "that" feeling happens between mother and child. you are one lucky girl because your boys are total dreamboats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness he is a CUTE boy! I'm glad you enjoyed your bonding time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this post. I thought I would never pick up on Everett's little nuances...but I did (and still am), and one of my favorite things about my day is telling Mike when he gets home what I've learned. Even if it's small and silly, he loves hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger