Pop Goes the Belly!

posted on: 2.16.2011

22 Weeks is the "pop" time for me I guess.  I think it's obvious now that the whole 4-5 month spare-tire thing around my mid section is gone & replaced with something much rounder & harder. I'm in the first week of my 6th month, and so far things are going well.

 It's very much the same as Tate's pregnancy, which is both comforting and scary. I remember popping with Tate right around month 5-6, which is where I am now. I think I'm just getting over the whole random and sudden throwing up phase, which is just the same, almost to the week, as with Tate. And my energy is back. I feel motivated to move again:) I'm hoping the last month leading up to delivery is different than Tate's so I'm trying to be extra careful, but also am not worrying too much until I'm told to.

So far, babie(s) are about a pound each (so says babycenter.com), 12 inches long, and the size of a squash. I've started to feel them move finally, last week, and that's been really fun! Like with Tate, they love to move most at night, just when I'm ready to settle in. Why are they wired that way?

We've yet to narrow, or even really talk seriously, about names. We're getting on that though, I promise mom. This past weekend, on our way sledding, I told Wyatt we needed to start to think harder about talking more seriously about names. He basically laughed and said okay, and then we both got distracted with something else. So it goes. 

It's clear I'm not nearly as "ready" as I was with Tate. By now her nursery was almost complete, and half her wardrobe purchased and washed. I don't even have a room to put these guys in yet, let alone anything to decorate with. Heck, I don't even know where we'll be living. But I still feel good about my progress because I've already taken two belly shots, and that's already two more than I ever took when pregnant with Tate. So, I'm good. 


15 comments:

  1. you are radiant! i love pregnant bellies and can't wait to have another one myself. although i must admit, i didn't like being pregnant most of the time. i had the same timeline of sickness as you. that's a pretty long time! what do you mean by belly shots? kicked from the outside? yikes! i love your spirit and it really helps me to hear your carefree attitude. i am currently struggling with letting go and allowing life to unfold. i don't know where we'll be and i LOVE it here so it's hard to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anushka... "belly shots", as in pictures of my belly:) not the other kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look darling. And I'm happy to hear you're feeling a little better. Where ARE you going to be this summer? How long are you all in MI? Hmm. We need to talk and catch up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful! I'm glad things are going well with the pregnancy. You will definitely find that you are less prepared with #2 and #3. In fact, prepare to never feel "on top" of things ever again. :) But the trade-off is that you'll have a handful of adorable little people to snuggle. Completely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chels, you look beautiful! Seriously, really pretty! I can't wait to meet these two little monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing. Your belly couldn't be cuter. I'm glad you're finally feeling a bit better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chels you look great! Yeah!...more than half way through:) Glad to hear you are feeling better. So are you going to be delivering in SLC with Yamashiro? Or what's your plan? When will you guys be in Utah? I am sure we will be up a few times during the months you will be there, so we most definitely need to see each other this time! Anyways, let me know and take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great! I never was lucky enough to "pop" with Gracie! I was HUGE by the 4th month and just kept on goin'... Glad to hear you're feeling good! Give loves to Taters! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look beautiful :) i love your hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are looking great and I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. who is pregnant with twins and looks like that? i was that size with one at 12 weeks. you look gorgeous! glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe your having twin boys!! That is so exciting! I love my boys! All three of them! You look amazing! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my word Chelsea, you are so teeny tiny I can't believe it! Congrats on two boys, that sounds like so so much fun (not that I would know what it's like to have boys lol). Oh and don't you even worry about not feeling ready.....I'm due in 2 weeks and 1) have no name, 2) just washed baby clothes today, 3) still need to pack my bag, and 4) nursery is not finished yet. So ya, I'm a total slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the belly bump - you are such a beautiful pregnant mama! I am in awe of how you do it all being pregnant with twins and having a beautiful little girl to keep you busy! I'm so glad that you are feeling better and enjoying Saginaw :) Keep in touch...xoxoxo N

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger