December in Review

posted on: 12.31.2010

Whew. It's been a month. A very busy, very sick, very fun month.
I feel since I have only 7 hours until 2011, I had better end 2010 on a good blogging note.

I don't feel guilty, only bummed, that I've let it go this long. I really do love blogging. But with an impromptu trip to Disneyland with my best friend, welcoming & moving Wyatt home from Dominica, moving to our in-laws, the flu for me, then the flu for Tate, buying a car, preparing to move to Michigan, and all those fun Christmas festivities, I feel justified in just forgetting about this blog for a bit.

I'm determined now to get my gusto back!

So, here's a very long look at what December brought to us...

First up: 
Disneyland with Cass & Becks


How cool is it that my best friend, whom I haven't lived near since the summer we married best friends almost 7 years ago, won 4 free all-inclusive tickets to Disneyland right before Christmas, and invited me and Tate as her +2?! 
We had an absolute ball, the two of us, alone with our two kids, and 3 kids growing in our bellies.
It was a trip we'll never forget, and once I get her professional pictures, it'll get a post of it's own.

I'm not a Disneyland freak, I like it a lot, but I don't need to go every year. Although seeing how they completely transform the park for Christmas was really cool!

 Tate and Beckham, or "becks" as Tate now calls him, were in pure kid heaven- with each other, with every ride, treat, parade... the whole thing. 




 With out a doubt the highlight of the trip for Tate was the car ride- Autopia. 
It was all about Autopia, every day.
















Yes, she is laying in the street, waiting for the parade to start.
It was day 3, Cass had already left on her flight home, so a giant lollipop + laying in the gutter seemed perfectly acceptable at that point:)

Picture her saying "Woody!!!!", in her coolest, sort of manly voice, as Woody from Toy Story came around the corner.

Love her.


Next up:
Tate's preschool Christmas program
 Not much to say here. The finger in the mouth, and blank stare was all we got for the solid hour.
Done.


Wyatt finally got home & Tate couldn't wait for him to take her
Ice Skating


Truly, I think she may have been more excited about this than Christmas.

 How cool are those tiny ice skates?!

To be totally annoying, Tate was awesome, and caught on quite fast! 
It was just really fun to teach her something, see her catching on, and be so happy about it.


 After about thirty minutes she decided she wanted to go alone, not holding hands... and did so good!

 Don't worry, I'm all over enrolling her in ice skating lessons in Michigan:)


Then:
Christmas Eve 
It came and went too fast, but as always, so fun to spend the night cozied up with family.







 Pajamas were given, food was devoured, charades was played, and the kids had a ball.





Then we slept, and woke up bright and early... Santa had come!


Christmas Morning
 Tate was thrilled that Santa brought the only two things she wanted: a Spiderman watch, and a long Rapunzel book.


Of course, Lightning, Dinoco and Chick Hicks made the stocking.

After we opened Santa's gifts, we headed over to my parents and Tate surprisingly held Ella & Gracie's new puppy, Chewy.
ahhh.


 Two days after Christmas we bundled up and drove 2 hours North up Blacksmith Fork Canyon to


It was something my dad heard about and thought sounded fun for the kids, and it was! You take a sleigh ride around the mountain and through giant herds of elk feeding. There were over 500 elk that day, and it was pretty cool to see.

















Good idea Papa!


Not to go un-mentioned was the cousin snowstorm hot tub party...


And a family dinner for my moms 38th birthday!

Whew!
Okay... I have 1.5 hours until the new year. I'm off to drink some Martinelli's and play Balderdash with the Horsley's.
I feel good about 2010 now.



11 comments:

  1. happy new year! great to see this wonderful long post of fun happenings for you all! i want one of every outfit that tate has (each and every outfit - i am so wanting to have a baby girl)... but, honestly, i want what she's wearing for ME! your pictures are great, and i really enjoyed the elk shots and especially the one of your mom with tate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've missed you!

    you look beautiful! your hair's getting longer, yes? looks fabulous. and tate might be the cutest dresser ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! you are alive- I'm so happy that you only had the flu and not the pukes- hooray! and Disney- of course, delights me- but not as much as the C U T E pics of you and Wy and Taters- an AMERICAN family again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Liz, I've had the pukes too. It's just been lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun that you and Cass went to disneyland together with your adorable kids! I love your long hair. How far along are you? You can't even tell that you are pregnant especially with twins! Do you know what you are having yet? I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Keri- Thanks! I am 4 months now, and we found out one is for sure a boy, and they still aren't sure about the other yet?? We're thrilled either way though:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gee where to begin....I guess I'll start with "a Boy" so exciting! I am so happy for you guys!
    Glad to see a post. I think this is the longest you have gone since you started your blog not doing a post.
    Disney...so fun and even more fun you went with Cass. She's one lucky girl to win 4 all inclusive tickets!
    Looks like ice skating was a hit and Christmas went off with a bang. So happy for you and miss Tate is gorgeous! Happy New Year. Keep us posted when you find out the sex of the other babe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had a fantastic Dec and a wonderful end to 2010. We look forward to seeing you in 2011. Let me know if you need any help moving stuff when you get to Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look ridiculously hot in these. How can any woman be this fly at 4 months pregnant? Flu sucks, moving does too, but here's to a new chapter with two more on the way! I love it Chels, and as for the hat lets do a trade! What ever you need for that cold state you're moving to and at a discount, of course. My bald mini needs some glue on hair accessories too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LoVe love love this post.... first off Chels you are looking gorgeous as always. disney, snow, Wyatt being home, and one of the twins being a boy...How exciting!!! Have y'all made the big move to Michigan yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to have you back! I laugh when I see Tate's darling outfits sometimes because I have purchased some of the same things for my boy:-). The mini boden star shirt and the supergas. She is the most adorable tomboy!

    I hope those twin babies are growing healthy!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger