The Best of Dominica

posted on: 10.26.2010

*If you're just visiting for the first time, this is a collection of the best posts, our favorites and reader favorites, of our 16 month time we spent living on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean. Every title that is colored will take you to the entire post. Enjoy!



Want to reminisce with me about all the great and not-so-great things that happened during our 16 month adventure here? Sure you do!


Here are my favorite Dominica posts.... click on the colored links to view each post.

Day 3























Brooke's visit... Beach day with Wyatt


Tate's First Day



I know I'm back because...



Today you are 3

And Celebrate we did



Swimming with Liz Prince

Red Rock Haven



Around Town: Dominica



His Day Off




Afloat



bff's



Sweet Ride



Staycation with the Jenkins



Deb & Antone's visit... day 1









Barbados



















It's not only the best of the Dominica, but individually they are some of my most favorite memories (most of them:). Tate sure has had a blast this past year! Looking through these I really am grateful for this extremely hard, fun, hot, crazy, adventurous adventure.  

All these pictures, the people in them, just make me smile. 
Proof a good experience then, as hard as it may have been.

Good Bye Dominica!

ps... family are you still out there? good thing i'm on my way home because i feel so disconnected from everyone... do you still read my blog? i miss you.


9 comments:

  1. Yes, I am out here! I haven't checked blogs in forever, but I have been trying to get caught up in the last few days. You have a beautiful blog with beautiful pictures! And I love this post about all the fun times in Dominica. I know it hasn't been all smiles and roses, but I think you'll be surprised, in the years to come, at how much these last 16 months have shaped your life. This really is the end of a mounmental chapter in your lives.

    P.S. My fam will be in SLC this Sat and Sun. We will definitely have to get the cousins together for Halloween pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chels,

    So sad we didn't get to see your home there, sorry we couldn't make the trip. I'm a little sad for you that this is coming to an end, I know you're excited for the comforts of home, but I'm sure there will be lots of sad moments where you miss your jungle home! Wish we were going to see you soon, but looks like not until xmas. Love you all lots and good luck with the move. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chels, I've been the worst commenter (is that a word?). Don't think we haven't been LOVING your posts though. It looks like you've done some amazing things to wrap up your time in Dominica. I loved the post about giving your stuff away. What cute little families and kids. I'm sure they'll never forget you. Also, Pat, Dru, and I were basically crying on Sunday at the video of Tate and Avery. We are so glad you met such good friends there. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled upon your blog the other day and I am in looovvveee with it!! I think I could just sit back and flick through the whole blog and read page to page.

    What an adventure you guys were on! I was just wondering about taking the Caribbean school route - and I guess I could just read your guys' take on it all right?!

    Your little girl is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to read more about your net adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! what a neat post- so many of those are priceless- and you would NEVER have had those moments anywhere else- I'm so happy that you made it- :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm just a reader, but was brought back by so many memories of your blog adventures. good luck on the move and the next step in life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how much Tate has grown in the last year. I haven't really realized it until looking at all those pictures together. What a bitter-sweet time for you, leaving Dominica. Good luck with the move and welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved taking the walk down memory lane... What a fun experience!!! And such great pictures...Glad your home now... And I hope to see you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. are you back int he states now?! i think you are and i hope you had safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger