A Dump Truck Story

posted on: 8.05.2010

Today was Dump Truck day. The day my Tate had been waiting, and working for all week long.
It started last week when she spotted a cool dump truck at a local kids store. It was all she wanted, and she made sure I knew that. After leaving the store empty handed and in tears, I proceeded to try and teach her that we must be grateful, not greedy, and that if she wanted that dump truck she needs to do some things to help earn it.
"I have a plan", she said on the way home.
"We'll go home, I'll eat ALL my dinner, and I won't pick my nose, k... then can we go back and get my dump truck?"

 Instead she worked all week on picking up her toys, speaking nicely, brushing her teeth, no whining, and no picking her nose (lovely)... and she did so well! It was really fun to see her work so hard and be so proud of herself for getting all her stars on her chart.
She even apologized in the car profusely after "accidentally" picking her nose, making sure this would not derail her progress.

And for the past 6 days it's all I've heard about... when can I get my dump truck, is today the day I get my dump truck, I'm getting a dump truck, can I get my dump truck now?


Today she got her dump truck! 
She carried it out of the store, 
she ate with it...

She slept with it...


and after she woke up, we spooned with it.


16 comments:

  1. Aww, too cute. They get so fixated on their funny little toys don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh... she's so dang cute! I love that dump truck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I love this! I was expecting it to be a little dump truck...but oh no, that is a huge dump truck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling story. That dress and hair cut are equally as darling. You have one gorgeous girl on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one of these growing up believe it or not! This is so funny and so very appropriate for your pretty little tomboy I'd say. But when did she turn 16? Seriously Chels, she looks so grown up and apologizes for picking her shnoz too? So, so funny that Tate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very cute truck, but let's talk about that impostor cookie trying-to-be-a-cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously just made a HELPING chart for Harrison today, only I wish it had been more of his idea...we'll see how it goes. Taters is sooo grown up though, can't believe how big they are both getting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Tate! We've been watching how hard you worked for that dump truck, and we are so proud of you! It is truly COOL! Love you! Grandma and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  9. that girl is classic! love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is hilarious!!! Boy toys really are cooler. Girls get the good clothes, and boys get the good toys- though I guess to Tate they are both cooler for boys! What a fun girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tate-I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new dump truck. If this whole med school thing doesn't work out, I may just be driving one some day. When I get home will you show me how it works?

    ReplyDelete
  12. kay honestly, that just made my day! she is so stinking funny. now i get where the conversation of "picking your nose" came from. so so awesome. i'm proud to be apart of her family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The famous dump truck!! I'm so happy you were finally able to get it, Tate. And don't worry, we all struggle with picking our noses sometimes. Way to work on that. Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dang I miss you guys! Life in Domincia isn't the same without Chelsea and little miss Tate. I keep going to the pool and thinking "hey maybe Chelsea will be there" and then I sadly remember you ore off in America having fun and going shopping (totally not fair). Thanks for the cute Tate stories! I still think she should be a kid model!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is the best post ever- how fun- tell her she is amazing! it was worth every moment of hard work! :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger