Making me Happy Monday

posted on: 6.28.2010

Still on a high from this weekend. 
Game night. Good friends. No kids.
Yes, I said no kids.
It may not sound like a big deal, but believe it or not in the whole 10 months we've lived here, we've never had a night with friends without our kids.
It's not that we didn't want to, a lot, it's just near impossible to get a sitter down here.

Thanks to our friend Tracy, we had an entire 4 hours sans kids!
It was glorious, oh so glorious.

Everyone brought a game, something to share, and I made these, with my cocoa brownie recipe I shared a while back. Delicious.



We happened to murder the men in Catch Phrase. Sorry guys, better luck next time:) 
Oh, and Sarah told us this great story of when Peyton Manning called her father in law!





and no night here would be complete without some creature creepin on our porch (this not necessarily making me happy).

Oh, and I almost forgot, how could I? This was also the first time I've ever done my hair down here. I pretty much felt like I was getting ready for prom, so excited to see the results of my labor (ie sweating to death while blow drying and straightening). Poor Wyatt almost forgot that I can actually be cute.
Only in Dominica does someone see you with a borrowed blowdryer in hand and say "wow, where are you going tonight?!" And only in Dominica, do you have to borrow a blowdryer.

Tell me, what's making you happy this Monday?

6 comments:

  1. so sweet :) glad you had a nice weekend. making me happy -- my new puppy! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful. Your hair is getting SO long! So glad you had such a fun night with your friends. Those brownies look delicious.

    Making me happy Monday? My parents get home TOMORROW!

    Can't wait to see you soon.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look gorgeous. glad you had a big night out! ;)

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making me happy today....only 13 days until you get home!!!! Let's start planning:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. K first off... that creature... what the crap?! You are a W-O-M-A-N Chels, I admire your bravery when it comes to the creatures out there.

    Secondly, I'm so glad you guys got to have a night out!! What a well deserved gift! And hello... hot momma!!

    Lastly, I AM BEYOND THRILLED that I get to see you soon and hello.. that we got to FB chat!!

    Safe travels soon my friend! La la LOVE you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this post and yes- it was the funnest night ever- the end!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger