Toy Snob

posted on: 5.20.2010


I'm at the age where a lot of my friends are having babies. It seems every month I'm in search of the perfect "something" for someone. Romp is often where I go looking first. Call me a toy snob, okay, but I just can't bring myself to add yet another obnoxious plastic toy to their collection (or Tate's for that matter)
I like finding unique and beautifully crafted toys, and most often they seem to encourage a bit more imagination too, wouldn't you say?

I was just going to highlight the matchbox mice (a personal favorite)... but this is what happens when I'm alone at night and have too much time on my hands... before I know it I have 12 items in my cart.
Tate already has the camera and loves it, but now I've also got the matchbox mice, marble runs, elastic patterns, toad stool trinket box, and that adorable bento box on her list.
Oh, and that doodle doll and Tate would probably get along well too.

They also sell one of my favorite baby books- Counting with Wayne Thiebaud, that I've found is hard to find at bookstores
Basically Romp is a kids gift heaven.


6 comments:

  1. Thanks! I was just talking to my mom about how I really want to avoid having tons of plastic toys for Bean. This site looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wondered where you get these fabulous toys. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally can not WAIT to have my next baby- just to see what amazing toy you come up with- you are so thoughtful- I just go to the store and say- "hmmm that's cute" I love that you take the time to find that special something :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total toy snob - just like mua. You have opened my eyes to a whole new level of amazing toys with this post though. Good woman you are Mrs. Horsley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm bookmarking this for when I have kids...which is way far away, but it's never too early to start a KIDS folder in the favorites pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a totally toy snob - I'll admit it as well :) As the backpacks go the owl one {so cute} is from Skip Hop {only $20!} but of course I am leaning more towards the Dwell one. Leave it to me to pick the most expensive one! HA!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger