An Interview with my 3 year old

posted on: 5.07.2010

I can't remember where I saw this idea, but I thought it was a good one to get an idea for what's going on in that darling little blonde head of hers.
 So, I sat down and we talked- well I asked, and she answered.



What is your favorite color?
pink. i do like pink and blue, but i don't like black or browned.

Who is your best friend?
Avery, Lucy and Ella Jane

Where do we live?
in the fortune apartments (very exact:)

What is your favorite thing about Dominica?
airplanes

What don't you like?
I don't like, um...um...um, a pig named Donnie but I like my kitty

What is your favorite thing to do?
push my brand new stroller

Why do we live in Dominica?
i don't know, that's just where we live 

What is your favorite thing to eat?
eggs

What do you not like to eat?
i don't eat sandwiches 

Do you like the park or pool better?
park. just because i love the park, just because it's so much fun for kids,
that's enough talking okay.
(laughing by me:)

What is cool?
shirts

What is cute?
dresses

What are swimsuits?
they are cool, because they go around your neck and between your head and legs

What is your favorite snack?
sprinkled cookies

What does daddy do at school?
he gets a doctor, so he can fix owies

What makes you happy?
when you tickle me it makes me laugh

Favorite animal is?
pigs, just because i love them, they are so funny

When are you sad?
when i get owies, and they bleed

What makes you tired?
when i yawn it makes me tired

Why does it rain?
just because a storm comes, just because then the rain comes

How old are you when you're big?
five.

How old am I?
four.

daddy?
five. whoa, i burped.... i'm still hungry

What is funny?
when the witch comes, that's scary. when the happy parts are we laugh. tom and jerry are the funniest.

What is your favorite thing to do with me?
when we lay down and cuddle

What is your favorite thing to do with daddy?
go to the pool

What kinds of things do you learn in school?
how to sing songs, then we play with blocks for a minute

Why do we have to go to bed?
just because we need to wake up and feel better. my feet are getting really big, look! i'm big.

What is your favorite book?
caps for sale.. i'll show you

What are you going to do when you get older?
i'm going to look on the computer, at my favorite website, and find couches on the computer.

What do you think I do when you're taking a nap?
go downstairs and do your hairclips 


I'm sure for most of you that was a bit more than you cared to know, but it was thoroughly entertaining for me to hear her responses! And I think in between some of those quirky, can't make sense of it answers, she's got quite a realistic grasp on things for a 3 year old. (i may be a tad biased:)

In fact earlier tonight, during one of my rants about the frustrations of this island and how on earth every single store could be out of bread and gasoline, Tate reminded me...
"mom, don't be annoyed or in a bad mood... just be happy for what you do have"
I guess I need to practice what I'm so emphatic about preaching.

25 comments:

  1. Haha! I laughed out loud at the "that's enough talking" part and the little burp. Gah, I want kids too so that I can be endlessly entertained by their antics.

    Oh and yes, I entered you in the "hard way" too because I saw your post...lucky you, huh? So if you'll make a decision about which one you'd like and send your address to this email

    elizabethmwelsh@gmail.com

    that'd be great!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest thing ever. I can almost see her little wiggles and looking at her "big" feet as she answered. It must be so fun to know what she's thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so adorable. what a fun personality. And what a wonderful idea, I've got to do this with Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that so much. we do that with our kids too...i may copy you and do a post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. coolest 3 year old in the world. it's official! that was so entertaining. please do that every year for all of us to read! loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this, Chelsea! That was precious! I'm totally interviewing Henry and Ethan today and recording it in their Mom Journals. I'm sure the 6-year-old's responses won't be as funny as the 3-year-old's, but what a treasure they will be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. not boring one bit! kids are hilarious and i love the interviewing idea. i can't get over tate in bados in that purple swimsuit....adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, this is hilarious! You are four, and daddy is five. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK-I am dying at her comment about getting on the internet looking at couches. So true, that is what we do when get older.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog through Elizabeth's blog and I LOVE it! Your daughter is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there,
    I'm new to your blog :)

    That is adorable! I'm sure you will treasure that when she is older. I am definitely going to try this with my son next year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so so cute and funny. I am going to steal your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay that was GREAT! I love the part where she discovers that her feet are really big. Totally still cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! I definitely need to do this with Londyn. It's amazing how much they just learn on their own. I love her answer to the question "What will you do when you are older?" Just like her cute mom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. she is so freaking cute! I love her! call me again, I just got your message! I could read one of those interviews every week, Tate always says the best things! Love you all, hope Dominica is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a cute post, and a cool checked outfit! The pictures of Barbados looked heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! Such a good idea. Tate seriously is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that was amazing! Loved every question especially the couches! HI-Larious! My mom did that to my sister when she was little. She asked her what she wanted to be when she got older. She said "A Mom". Then she asked her how many kids she wanted. She said "None". So my mom explained she would probably want kids if she wanted to be a mom. My sister quickly dropped her face and very seriously said "I DO NOT WANT TO BE A MOM WHEN I GROW UP!" We have it on video and it makes us laugh every time. You will not regret ever doing interviews with Tate! I just love here to death!! Thanks for posting that! I should be writing my talk for tomorrow, but I obviously think you blog is much better reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is so cute!

    its amazing how much they take in even when they are so wee!

    ReplyDelete
  20. seriously, the greatest thing i have EVER read... this is something all mommies should do.

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is absolutely CLASSIC!! i've been working with kids for a long time---and i live for this kind of stuff!! your daughter sounds pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That just made my morning! I love that little Tate of yours! Her answer to the park... still making me giggle! Give her a squeeze for me!

    I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day... you are one of the greatest! Thank you for your example to me Chels. I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. she is so freakin cute! i can just picture her saying these things. i hope she stuttered through her answers too. seriously cannot get over this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have a cute daughter

    ReplyDelete
  25. So very very cute...I laughed a ton...hehehe.....and what a great way for her to get to know you better as well....:)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger