i've got books on the brain

posted on: 1.13.2010

i know christmas is over, but you don't really need an excuse to buy a book anyway, right? for those of you that don't own a copy of these two books... go buy them.
the first, counting with wayne thiebaud, is my favorite book i ever read to tate. it's simple and sweet, with beautiful illustrations (of course- it's by an artist). it's one of those books that i'll hang onto forever and hope she'll read it to her kids someday.
this one, bear and kite, by c.wright, is wyatt's favorite and my close second. perfect for a little one. again simple and sweet. this was the very first book tate memorized. i don't see it around much, but i know in utah you can get it at children's hour and of course on amazon. it's a really beautiful book.
if you are having a new baby (uhhm... jen, jen, meghan, danielle, tiff) you need to get these 2 books.
trust.
{ps} just finished reading the hunger games myself and am HOOKED (neglected all my responsibility and read it in 4 days)! erin, thank you thank you for the tip off. luckily a friend down here has the sequel and i'm itching to get my hands on it as soon as possible!!
I'M calling it right now, it will become a movie... and i will be first in line to go see it:)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you liked The Hunger Games! I'm so jealous that you have the 2nd one still to read. I actually liked it even better than the first. Fun reading ahead! And yes, I kept thinking about what the movie would be like as I was reading it too. Do you think it will be rated R??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you reminded me about Hunger GAmes. I'll have to go find it and add it to the growing pile of must-reads for this year!And when I say pile, I mean that literally...you should see my nightstand:)I'll bring you down some new reads when we come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! thank you :) I will have to get them-I don't know either of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I am going to have to go on a hunt for these books. I will have to try to recycled book store down the street. They always have some fun treasures.

    Might I add that Tate looks darling on her first day of school.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger