Visions of Sugar Plums then Wyatt danced in my head

posted on: 12.21.2009

Saturday turned out to be one of those perfect days. We got all gussied up and saw a matinee performance of the Nutcracker. It was Tate's first experience with a ballet and she loved it. She watched intently for the first half, did some interpretive dancing of her own through the second half (and had the whole row giggling), and crashed hard at the end.
On the way she said to me in the car "I love the Nutcracker. Crackers are my favorite treat"!
her response to me telling her that she needed to be quiet and calm inside holding the Nutcrackers hand:) All of these girls were in the Nutcracker for years, so it was really fun to go together and talk about what changes they had made .
Tess and Tate taking a rest during intermission. The Nutcracker can be so exhausting:)
After the crash, dinner, and 3 hours of sleep it was time to go get Wyatt!
waiting waiting, so excitedly at midnight, for her daddy to finally come home
As soon as her tan faced, extra curly haired dad was in sight she took off running toward him and would not let him out of her sight. Even as he waited for his suitcase, she made sure she was right by him, holding onto his shorts so he couldn't escape. They've basically been attached at the hip since.
We all have.
On the way home from the airport Tate told us "we can all be happy now because we have our family". A good reminder never to be apart for this long again.

16 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you and your big day. Yay for a whole family! I bet you're giddy as a little girl. Can't wait to see you guys on Tues. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH I'm so happy for your little family, to finally be reunited! And I love Tate's christmas list, she has good taste just like her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, so nice to have you back Wy!! And BTW, I like the tan and the curly hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for daddy being with his girls again!!!! so sweet. and this is what kylie calls the nutcracker "mommy, i loved the graham cracker it was so pretty!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. this could be my favorite post ever- what a fun fun day! ps- how did Wy do- we are dying here! J passed and so did Jesse Jenkins- hooray! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy that she was so excited to see him. How cute are they together. Glad you "have your family" (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it b/c I'm extra hormonal or just a softie, but this brought tears to my eyes!! Tate's comment is so well said! I was thinking about you all on Sat. and how exciting that was going to be. So happy he is home and so happy to see you guys tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. and p.s. your package said "enjoy" and you know I am! I was so excited to receive! :) muah!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO happy for you guys!!! I can't imagine how hard that was. I know he missed you a lot. Tate is wise beyond her years, and that outfit is honestly the most adorable thing I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, the best post ever done on the Horsley blog. It's so good to go to Pat and Rolfe's and have Wyatt in the kitchen. I'm so glad you are all back together. :)

    p.s. Tate at the Nutcracker was the best moment of my life. Leaning over the people in front of us and dancing like crazy..too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks so darling in her Nutcracker outfit. Welcome home Wy, you were very missed by your two ladies :) What a great Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to see you all together again...and the huge smiles! And by the way...who needs Edward when you have such a tan curly haired hot husband?!!! (Is that too creepy for a mother in law to say?) Love you appropriately, Wy, and we're so glad you're home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay I am so glad Wy is home! I hope you are all doing well..how can you not be! Darling post. I hope you guys have a merry christmas. Call us if you have some time to get together before you go back to sunshine land!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy for you! What a great Christmas present. And Tate's outfit was utterly adorable!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger