oh my! 7 girls roaming free in New York City... need I say more?
The highlights for me were...
1} fresh flower stands
2} the abc carpet & home store honestly, this store changed my life! It is the most beautiful, most inspiring place to spend your time. I could have spent all day there.... and a lot of money! 3} the subway adventures
okay... so this was NOT so much fun. But the 2 1/2 hour trek to our hotel from jfk was something to remember!
4} daily bakery stops
5} celebrity spotting!
oh yes, this is Keri Russell from behind. And yes, Pat did drop all of her stuff on the sidewalk to chase her down 3 blocks. Of course we all followed too!
6} shopping in soho
7} the guggenheim
8} the food
of course eating was a huge part of our trip and something we didn't take lightly:) Our first stop- Shake Shack
The Burger Joint - fabulous, depsite the onry staff
The Mercer Kitchen
a really good pizza place?
Shake Shack again
Celeste's... but don't call it that. It must be said Cheleste', as the fooda is personally importeda froma Sardinia!! (and the waiters look like a certain Jason someone:)
9} after Celeste's
there was something in that food from Sardinia! As you can see, we were all a bit hyper on the sidewalks after dinner. Who needs alcohol when you've got 7 girls freshly fed?!
Some other great things about this trip were:
- the Horsley's experiencing my personal temperature issues... more than once I broke out into my heat flashes. A classic Chelsea thing, if you know me well!
- Dori having "a moment" on the sidewalk after Celeste's
- my new Jonathan Adler needlepoint glasses case (even though I can never show my face in that store again, as it was the location of my first & worst heat flash on the trip!)
- Dean and Deluca
- soaking tired feet in the tub with Dru
- navigating our way, and sometimes with all our luggage, through the subway system
- Dori cursing her way through the subway gate with her suitcase
- staying up until 2am
- watching Erin shop... now that's a big deal:)!
- strolling the Upper West Side and being shocked by how every stroller was being pushed by a nanny.
- Fox & Fawn... this store was a whole experience in itself!
Thanks so much Pat. I'm so glad I have a mother in law and 6 sisters in law that I love and have such a blast with!