xoxo Tate

posted on: 2.11.2009

I saw this idea for homemade Valentine's on Inchmark and immediately made plans to do it this afternoon with Tate. She made it look so easy... and it was! It cost me less than $5 and took us only 1/2 hour. I wrapped, tied and wrote, and Tate filled. If your child was a little older I think it would be fun to have them paint or color paper, and then use that.
I went to the store and bought some mini match boxes (99 cents for a pack of 10!). Then I just covered each one with paper, tied it off with some twine (you could use ribbon, or a sticker), and filled it with candy. They are the perfect size for a little kid and a fun treasure box too!
I so wish Tate were old enough to need a Valentine's Box! I can't wait to cover one in hearts and too much glitter someday (soon) with her!

9 comments:

  1. I love you and your crafty little self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out great! I love the little stickers..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute!! That's funny, cuz I saw those yesterday too and thought they were darling! Way to make it happen!! I bet Tate loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea! You are such a great mommy!! Happy Valentines Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, Chels. You make me look like wt. Those are the cutest little Valentine's ever. I need to step up my game next year. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling idea! Are those peanut butter M&M's in there? Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an adorable idea. I want to be just like you when I grow up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. kay i love that. you're just too artisty for your own good. when my kids have to make valentines boxes i'm sending them to your house :) i'm sad i missed saturday night! i would have loved to see them. that picture is SO cool.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger