snow (night)

posted on: 12.09.2008

It finally snowed! Me and Tate were mostly running errands all day, so we didn't get time to play outside. As we were waiting for Wy to get home, I thought "why not now"? So... in the dark, Tate had her first sled ride, ate her first bite of snow (which she LOVED), and built her first snowman! I thought I would die laughing at her little body in all that snow gear- she looked like a bright stuffed marshmallow!
Completely enamored by the real life "frosty" we just made, she did not want to look at the camera. She just kept pointing excitedly saying "wosty, wosty"! And she kept telling me that wosty needed a nose. Of course, no outing would be complete without her baby (even covered in snow)! her first sled ride! Next time I'm taking her down the serious slopes at Sugarhouse Park! The best picture I could get of us 2... she is still looking at wosty! Oh, Taters I love you! I was really loving the way our tree looked today, so I wanted to capture I picture. This will give you an idea of the enormous size of it... take a look at the tiny little blue swing hanging down! Can you tell I'm in the Christmas mood? One of the highlights of my life (yes, I said life) is decorating and getting ready for the holidays! I really enjoy it, and I love how our home feels so cozy when it's all glittered up! Since no plant can really survive in our front pots in the winter I decided to fill them with left over pine bows (as you can see they are covered in snow), but I'm liking the look and the really good part is they are completely free! Most tree lots will give you there left over pine bows (a tip I learned from my mom). I do this every year now, and this year I got so many I used them all over my house. They smell great too!
I opted out of buying an expensive garland, or using a fake one and "made" my own out of the pine bows I collected. I know they won't last long, but who cares!
My favorite thing about my house this year is the new advent calendar hanging from our mantle. My mom made it for us last year. She collected all different kinds of socks and made felt numbers to go on each one. The numbers are tied on with bakers twine and the socks are hung with mini clothespins. It's quickly becoming Tate's favorite decoration too! Isn't it darling!
Gotta have a bowl of limited edition mint m&m's laying around too, and plenty of Christmas books!
As you can tell, I love any Christmas decoration by Bethany Lowe. You can find her things online, or locally at C.Hruska. I happended to find this cute glittered santa at T.J. Max Homegoods last year- score! I love how whimsical and pretty her things are.
more pine bows... I'm telling you, the possibilites are endless with these things!

11 comments:

  1. okay how cute is Tate next to wosty! And good work with the Chritmas decorations- we still have Thanksgiving stuff up...being out of town the first week in Dec has really put us behind schedule. I gotta get going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics of Tate are darling...I love that she was calling him wosty! Your house looks beautiful...I love all the fun decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best taste. I love your perfectly stylish and Christmasy home. I'm totally copying the pine bow next year. And, I always love little Tate. She and Wosty are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house looks amazing- it's so cozy and festive. The perfect combo for Christmas. I love all the little "chelsea" touches... I want to come over for the afternoon and eat m&m's, listen to Christmas music and talk on your couch. And how much would Debbie charge me if I asked her to make me one of those advent calendars?!! ;) LOVE LOVE LOVE that!!!! I'm going to ask her all the details of how she made that... that's my project while I'm home. I'm honestly going to make one. What are you guys doing for New Years? Both are parents will be at the bull game. Call me. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I can't wait to squeeze Tate in that snow suite. She's precious. I love your "Fosty!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how silly of me... of course I mean "wosty" not fosty!! ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pic of you and Tate! It really is so darling...you need to bring that into your Christmas decor! Speaking of decor...Chels, you never seize to amaze me! You always have the most creative ideas! It looks beautiful and you really need to get to opening up your own shop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow friend! Your house looks fabulous and so festive! And where did you get your cute little Tate's coat? So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I wish I could decorate! First - I have hardly any decorations. Second - they are all in boxes! Oh well...maybe one day. Cute Tate looks darling in her snow gear. I've yet to get Finnley in hers and let her experience the snow. Maybe after this weekend's storm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so so cute! I need to come over and see it in person. So cute! I am excited to see these girls in dance class! i am so happy you signed her up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. um can i come live at your house until christmas? i love it! all of it. especially the socks hanging above the fireplace. i want one of those!! you should make those and sell them.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger