help save

posted on: 12.16.2008

Have you heard yet?
About the new Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act? Essentially, it will put all small handmade business's out of business! I'm all for improving the quality and safety of our kids toys, but this act would affect so many people (think Etsy entirely). Once this passes (and it will in 1 month), it will be ILLEGAL for me to make my tatertot hairclips without spending 10's of thousands on testing to make sure my product is safe. I'm just a tiny part of who will be affected though. Think of all those toy makers that carve cute wooden trains, make handmade dolls, clothes, shoes, toy blocks... everything that is considered "handmade". Really, everything that is charming.
Please please log onto this link....
and find out what you can do to help!
Better buy all your beloved handmade gifts now!!

7 comments:

  1. kay that really does make me sick! how awful would this be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know Chels! It's been all over some boards I'm on and it makes me so sad......I wonder what will happen to all the different art shows around the sl valley. It really really sucks.....I don't see how it could pass though. They would put so many small businesses OUT of business - including mine and yours! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my heck, it better not pass! On a better note, happy holidays and I better get one of yours while I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What!?! That is completely retarded. Especially for cute tater tots...can you imagine them not being in the world?
    On a side note- you found a gray hair!! Isn't it the worst feeling? I completely feel your pain. We'll have to talk about this in more depth when I see you next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no!!

    i will go to the site to see what i can do! i am going to have to load up on more tatertots if they shut everyone down. :( i can't even imagine.

    keep us posted, chels. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pure BS, I can't believe how ridiculous this is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH NO... I HAD NO CLUE... THANKS FOR BLOGGING ABOUT THAT... SINCE I HAVE BEEN OUT OF BLOGGING BUSINESS... NOW LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE OUT ANOTHER BUSINESS AS WELL... SO DOES THIS AFFECT BAB'S...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger