Mi Casa

posted on: 10.24.2008

Annie tagged me to post 10 things I love about my house. What a fun post! I love to decorate (thanks to my mom) and have had such a fun time trying to make our first house neat... on a tiny budget. Here are my favorites...
The front doors. In my parents house the front doors are glass french doors too, so I'm quite used to the fishbowl feel. Although, I do hate it when someone knocks and I'm in my pj's, or worse, a solicitor. There is no where to hide! But, I love how much light they bring in. Our house is tiny so all the windows help it to feel larger.

Reading corner... I don't read here, but I love every piece in this corner. The chair (my newest thrift store find) is probably my favorite chair in the whole house! I love the modern feel of it with the more traditional table and accessories. It's super comfy too. I try to put things on this table that I love, since it is seen right when you walk in the house. On the table: framed picture of my mom as a baby, 3 great books, pair of brass owls (also a thrift store find), and my favorite lamp.

Our family room, playroom, tv room, computer room- EVERYTHING room. We do everything in here and so it has to be a place I like. Even though everything was purchased at much different times, it seems to all work. I don't like a lot of color in my house, so I think the calming colors of this room are why I like it so much. That green couch is where I'm sitting right now in fact- blogging away.

The kitchen was what drew me to this house. I loved it so much! My favorite are the big windows over the sink. Although now I would change the counter tops to white marble I still love it. It's clean, somewhat modern and simple. For being a small kitchen in an old house, it's quite functional.

The chalkboard.... a new addition to our kitchen. We used to have a storage shelf there, but a couple months ago I painted a chalk board wall for Tate. I love how it makes the home feel more "homey" and comfortable. It's always fun to see what Wyatt's weekly quote is too.

My chairs. I have this thing with chairs? I don't know why, but I love getting new (or old) chairs to put in corners, hallways, anywhere. These two are both very old. The top one is from Wyatt's parents and it's been passed down the family. They got it at an estate sale when they were first married. The second one in our bedroom is from a consignment store and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it.

Really random, but I LOVE our bathroom. Definitely the coolest part of our home. We only have 1- yep, just this 1 for all 3 of us. I wanted this home when I saw the shower- a seat in the shower? Cool. I will cry when I have to leave this house... and this bathroom. he he he... my closet. Of course it's one of my favorite parts of the home! Many of you know we only have 2 bedrooms in our house. Well, that's because we turned the 3rd room into a closet! It's glorious. Not too glamorous, but spacious and functional. I know what you're thinking... "you needed a whole room for all your clothes". NO.

We were so excited about this home when we walked through it, we didn't pay much attention to the details. Or the fact that there are NO closets. Really, not a single one. No coat closet, no bedroom closets, no broom closet. So, really our only option was using the back room as one.

My MOST favorite room in the whole house is Tate's room. My goal was to make it feel "magical". I know, gay. But, I had visions of the nursery on Father of the Bride II.
I didn't have the same budget to work with as Fronk, but I'm still happy with it. The reading corner is so cozy and we spend a lot of time in that tiny chair.

That's it. I really love my house and will be so so sad when we have to leave. I'm sure I won't have another place I love as much for a long long time.

I'm really excited to see some of your homes, so I'm tagging lots of you. Here it goes... Cassi, Erin, Eve, Dru, Amber, Chelsea, Jen K., Holli, Melissa O., Jenn W., Ledah.

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I just left this long, detailed comment (I'm sure you're shocked) and it just got deleted. Ticked. Let's see if I can re-create it (and now it's going to be even longer with this darn intro.)

    I love your house. It's so charming and all the big windows are amazing.

    We almost made one of the rooms in our house a closet, too, but ended up using it as a playroom instead. Yours is divine. I seriously cannot even imagine having that much space to look at my clothes. They're all just stuffed into our bitty closets (that are actual considered "big" for these old homes).

    Secondly, I love your chair fettish. So unique and add such a fabulous little touch to each room.

    Third, I'm crazy about Tate's magical room. Too bad we all don't have Fronk's budget for nurserys. Yours turned out amazing. I love how you've displayed her blessing dress. I want to do that with my girl's dresses, and wasn't sure how. Maybe I'll copy you.

    Hope you're having so much fun in San Fran! I'm totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! I totally LOVE your house. You've made the whole thing magical! I see that I got tagged...it will be fun to think about it and see what I can come up with for my house. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a cute home, i love it! I especially love tate's room, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a georgous home...I love the craftsmen style doors and the beautiful hard wood floors. You have done a great job decorating, I especially love the bathroom and Tate's room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your house, and am so jealous of your closet (room) Our closets are pretty small. Your little Tate's room is so cute and and I love your chalkboard in your kitchen. What a fun house...I think that we need to start house hopping on our girls nights:) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is the perfect combination of class and cozy. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun house with lots of personality! Love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your house. i am so jealous of your closet! you have such a great style--so charming. i hope sf was fun.

    oh...my favorite part of your adorable house was the chalkboard wall for tat and wyatt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chels! I love your amazing & charming house! You have such a knack for fashion and design/decor. I REALLY want front doors like that, but Chris is a little unsure! I am hoping I can show him yours and get him sold!
    LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the neatest stuff. I'm super excited for you to see my beautiful house. NOT! After your pictures mine looks like a dungeon. I'll be so sad when you have to sell your house as well!! I LOVE it! Thanks for having fabulous taste that we can all envy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your darling house! I might steal some ideas from it. I'm having a hard time making any changes in our house because Jake already lived there when I moved in, so I didn't want to undo everything he had organized... I'm taking it slow:) Cute ideas though! I love the reading corning and random chairs... you have such fun taste!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the perfect house. i'm not surprised. you seem to get it all right. i would hate for you to have to sell such a cute house, but if you do, i would love to take it off your hands ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh chels.......your house is my absolute dream! everything about it says charm, class, beauty, grace, and comfort. let's hope i can mimic this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO... NEVER CAME TO GET THE FLOWERS... HI I AM SUCH A DORK.. COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IT... MAN... I AM SORRY... I STILL WANT THEM... AND I AM GOING TO CALL YOU AGAIN... I HAVE ALOT GOING ON THE REST OF THE WEEK... AS DO YOU I AM SURE.... SO I WILL CALL YOU BEGINNING OF NEXT WEEK.... SORRY FOR BEING SOOOO ABSENTMINDED!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok so how am I supposed to post my house after your charming, electic casa?! I love it Chels! Get your butt over here already to help me decorate & maybe then we can talk about posting! ;) Love your buns!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh & p.s. can you please send me the perfume you were wearing that night...I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay your house is seriously darling!!! I love it! You should go into interior design...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger