a fair to remember...

posted on: 9.16.2008

Last weekend we decided to brave the fair with my family... and actually ended up loving it! I can't remember the last time I had been, or Wyatt, but it seemed to be just as trashy and quirky as I had hoped.

Welcome to the Utah State Fair! Wyatt could hardly contain himself.

Miss Ella & Ryan

Petting the animals was a favorite with the kids- Brooke wasn't so keen on it though.

( Cass, this one's for you!)

Fearless Miss Tate puts her hands right up to the lamb's mouth- hope they don't bite?!

... and a nice shot of a cows bum

Complete daddy's girl

My dad said he would give me $10 to ask the cheesy band for a picture- serious? Of course I took him up on it. I would have asked them anyway, plus I'm always willing to do something for a little money! They were hot too, so that was a plus. He also dared my mom to kiss a pig for $50! She is crazy and really tried. Mom, I'm pretty sure the $50 comes from the same place, so why don't you just go withdraw it and call it good.

Cute Gracie is 5 months and just about slept the night away. Do you think she looks like Ryan or Amber? I still can't decide.

I was a little more excited than Tate was to go on this ride, and Ella kept saying " dad, help"!

It seems we were all trying to coax them into going. The funny thing is when we had to get off they would cry? Make up your minds!

... of COURSE I had to get some cotton candy. Me and Boo will eat anything cotton candy flavored and getting the "real" treat is even better. This particular cotton candy was the best I've ever had- really. My mouth is watering just thinking of it.

our lady & the tramp moment

The whole gang after a long night of eating- (hot dogs, kettle corn & cotton candy to be exact), old school rides, smelly animals and the best people watching in the world (better than the airport even). I will admit I did find the fair quite charming in a way. I know it's considered to be trashy, and it's definitely got it's quirks like- wax hand making, the private freak show, fried pb&J sandwiches- but it's such a part of everyone's childhood, it's a bit nostalgic. I like it. A lot.

I think we'll all be going back next year!

18 comments:

  1. I am so sad that I didn't make it to the fair this year! It's one of my favorite WT times of the year. I love the picture of you with the hotties! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. honestly......what kindred spirits we are. next year we'll for sure have to go together because it appears that we appreciate it the most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so LUCKY! I love the fair! Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the story of the $10 bet. And those guys ARE smokin hot. Man- I guess I will have to go next year (Nate took the boys this year)...I must admit- I don't think I've ever been to the state fair as far as I can recall. Such a deprived child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THE FAIR!!! LOOKS LIKE A GREAT NIGHT OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang it..we missed you! I love the fair! Next time you and me...faces printed on a t-shirt & Henna tats! lol! Ok and the breading on the PB & J's was to die for but I really wish they would have used strawberry jam instead of grape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the best pictures. I love your Lady and the Tramp one. And, how is it that Tate all of the sudden looks all grown up to me - even though I see her fairly regularly? I love her bangs - and don't even get me started on her outfit.

    Add me to the list of people who want to join you on the fun next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great. I also love the quirks of a good fair. All the trashiness just adds to the fun. You should see some of the fairs in the outskirts of Boston/MA, they're really hilarious.

    Oh and the "Allred Hog farm" fits our fam very appropriately at this point... I need to hang that sign over my front door! Thanks for thinkin of me girl! ;)

    Call and let me know how Heather and the babe are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we did the fair opening weekend...well i have to say we go every year and its not my favorite but my kids love it!! it actually wasnt to bad this year

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!!! I thought about going to the fair but just wasn't brave enough to do it with the babe(I think she's still a little young!) Let's get together soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love that ella was yelling dad help! oh man, i dont even know this little girl but i completely remember feeling that way! haa so cute chels

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta love the fair! cute pics! Hey just wanted to say thanks for the tips on stores to take our shoes to, we hope that we can get our inventory rolling along so we can hit the hot places like that! Fun family, hope to see you soon maybe at Babinski's I;ve got to meet Kelly, I was sick the day we delivered. Love that store!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not going to lie I pretty jealous, I tried to talk Chris into taking me, but he doesn't seem to have the same memories of the fair that I do. Ryan has such a cute family, the last time I saw him I think I we were still in elementary school...I can't believe we are that grown up (ha ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun is the fair! We missed the one here, but apparently it was awesome-there is a demolition derby and all! You and the fam look darling...I like your hair longer like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the fair!! You have so many cute pictures. Tate is so cute and is getting so big!! We need to get together - it seems like we haven't seen you guys in awhile. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the pics, with everyone in their bright colors. It looks like fun! Tate looks SOOOO cute in that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That little online shoe place is to DIE FOR!! You were right... I definitely can't resist those little blue "or brown" loafers! Oh my gosh. I'm so lucky to have you as my fashion consultant. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chelsea, you are so beautiful! You look exactly like you did in Academy A, just darker hair and even cuter clothes. I would still borrow anything from your closet, just for old time sake.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger