Hangin in the OC

posted on: 7.08.2008

I am depressed this week... the picture above is what we've been waking up to for the past 7 days! Now we're home, and I can't seem to get back into my routine. I'm still wanting to eat out, go to the beach every day and stay up late playing games and watching movies. My parents took our family to Newport last week and it was such a blast! We went swimming, beaching, rode bikes, played tennis, did 6 flags, went to an A's game, played Wits & Wagers, and had a monumental gno! Thanks soooooo much Mom & Dad... we can't wait for next year :)!!

This was Tate's first time at the beach, so be warned... there are a TON of pictures. I was a little worried about her liking the ocean, because she can be weird about water, but she loved it! She wanted to keep going in further and further. I didn't go in any further than you see in this picture. Even though I love the beach... I don't like the cold water, or unknown creatures swimming at my feet! I don't do the ocean well. Here is Tate's best friend- my mom. Sorry everyone else on the trip (Heather). Given that she was a little off schedule, and constantly overwhelmed Tate was a great little traveler. That is... if my mom was by her side at ALL times. Seriously we couldn't go anywhere without her and if anyone tried to interfere with their time she would get very mad!

Wy was a much better sport about getting in the water with Tate

The theme for the day was SAND. Sand was Ella's, or Ewa as Tate would say, best friend! It was also Ella's first time at the beach and boy did she have fun. Her and the sand became close very quickly. I think she ate about 5 buckets! Seriously, we could not stop lauging, or get her to stop eating it. She would shove it in any chance she had, and then hurry and swallow before we could scrape it out. Needless to say, her diapers were sandy for the rest of the trip!

Ella and Tate got to stay together on the trip and they loved it! Both of them got so hyper and were feeding off eachother's energy! I think Tate maybe more than Ella though. She was seriously a different child on this trip. By the end I think Ella had enough of Tate following her and smothering her. She's always energetic and full of personality, but this trip she took it to a whole new level! Waking up at 5am asking to go on walks, and where Ella was?! She was just go go go from the moment we stepped off the plane. I guess I wouldn't want it any other way though- we did get a kick out of watching her play and be so animated! At one point she was running up to random strangers, saying hi, and hugging them at tight as she could?! The other little kids were scared of her. She also started this new thing where if she gets really hyper and needs to release some energy she'll just spit and frantically hit her face at the same time... weird weird child.

We had fun burrying them- we tried to bury Ella's hands so she couldn't eat more sand, but she still figured out a way out.

I love this picture Give this kid a shovel & a bucket of water and she's happy for hours! Give this guy some free time and some seaweed and he'll dress up like King Tritan- you look so good Wy. Tate's trap. Wyatt dug this hole for himself (literally) and we used it as a trap for Tate when we didn't want to watch her anymore!! just kidding.
GNO
Oh boy- this was quite the girls night out! I think it'll go down in history as one of the funniest nights I've ever had!! We shopped too much, ate too much. We had someone pee their pants because they laughed so hard- seriously running down their leg, and someone cry because everyone was laughing at them- just your typical night with girls. It's one of those stories that you have to be there to think it's funny, so I'm not even going to try and explain. I tried with Wyatt and he just thought I was crazy, and drunk! Let me just say a few words to these gals... oink oink and PU. Thanks mom for being our comical relief! Pregers and Tate hangin by the pool She loves her dad! I love catching Wyatt in moments like this- what? before the licorice... after the licorice!
One of the days we rented bikes and rode to Balboa. It's such a fun ride because you can take the boardwalk there and look at all the gorgeous beach houses. Balboa is so charming, the streets look like a scene from a movie- too perfect. We rode, ate lunch and got a Balboa Bar.... yum!
Tate's bike seat was on front of the bike, which was different- of course she loved it. She said "Hia" which is Hi to everyone who passed by
One of the best parts of the trip was where we stayed. The Newport Coast Villa's. They were beautiful and overlooked an amazing golf course and the ocean. It's a great place for kids too- they have like 4 pools, huge sandbox, playground, and a mini putting green. Plus they have BBQ's that overlook the ocean and fire pits for making s'mores! It was one of my favorite places we've stayed at. Future Daddy Shan- holding Gracie
On our way home and EXHAUSTED! Since the flight home was over Tate's bedtime I thought she might sleep- yeah right! Of course, she cuddled up to me and closed her eyes... finally, right as the plane landed! I was falling asleep too, as you can tell.

26 comments:

  1. I don't believe I signed a waiver for you to use those swimsuit shots!! Way too fun...can we go back yet?? Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Horsley home this is Alex and Jane Barrus, we were so excited to get a comment from you on our blog and hope you visit it as often as we do yours. Now we can look at it without feeling like creepers. We too just got back from "the OC" visiting Jane's parents. We went to newport a couple of times too bad we did not see you.(on a side note once we did see your siter Brooke in laguna beach randomly)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes me excited for the beach! We go in 2 weeks. I love Newport! Didn't our families go together when we were little?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so so so fun!!!!! I have to say I'm glad you are back! It seems like forever since we have seen you guys! We need to get together soon! You all look so cute and sun kissed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I wanna go there! It looks absolutely beautiful! You all had too much fun! Your mom & sisters are so cute! If you ever need a black sister...look no further! ha ha! Did you get me check? Thanks so much again! Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that Tate. You guys looked like you had so much fun. But a vacation with a child is more like a relocation....but still so much fun. It makes me want to take London to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Newport is the best. Can't wait...I'm taking Sofi there next week and then Matt will join us later. Cannot. Wait. Your pics looked so fun! And Tate's swimsuit is the cutest. xox.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! We are Newport lovers, thats for sure..Want to go in on a house together (since they are billions of dollars) and move?! We would only need 20, maybe 30 couples to afford one. No biggie. Looks like you stayed right where we always do, isn't it the best? I can tell where you are in every picture. We rent bikes from the same place and ride down the boardwalk every year, too. Aren't the beach houses just insane? I love the ones where the entire back wall literally opens up. Oh gol, dreamy.

    As for the Bachelorette. Agree with you, for sure. I couldn't believe she picked Jesse and then I thought they were very cute together after the show. They seemed very much in love- They actually might make it. We will see.

    Glad you had fun & glad you are home! We need to do a walk soon! Ha ha! Aren't we ambitious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so fun!!! you guys look like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like so much fun! I am so jealous! Can I ask you where you got that cute dress you had on at your fun GNO! I love it! I am looking for a cute dress! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kate, thanks for the compliment! I got that dress at All Tucked In in Bountiful. It's by Free People.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow your little girl is so adorable!! I love her eyes!! So fun in Cali.! Glad you had a great vacation, and I love that we dressed are children in the same 4th of July outfit! I need to see this! Happy late 4th to you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That trip looks like such a blast! I have only been to Newport once.....for my highschool graduation trip and I did love it! I'm going to have to call you or something to get some advice though - my family is wanting to do the exact same thing next year and my mom has no idea where to start! Tate is just sooo darling in those pictures - I LOVE her blue blue eyes! What a cutie! And you look fabulous also!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well it isn't a party until someone pees their pants! I just love seeing you and your sisters and mom together, so funny and Tate? Oh my, what a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so pretty much you had a great time then? what a fun trip!! i'm major in need a an exciting beach trip. too bad all my friends have husbands and babies so the days of impulsive road trips are long gone!:) I'm glad you had such a great time! because i heard that the day you left was quite catastrophic!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chels--- So dang cute! Looks like it was a blast! I loved the recap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey. porter needs your address to invite you to our wedding. can you send it to us? post it as a comment and i'll erase it and not publish it. thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wyatt.. I have a slogan I want to share with you, "Learn not to Burn." It looked painful buddy. I'm jealous that you and the fam spent a week in the OC. We need to get together again and go to dinner with the wives.

    P.S. I don't normally check out the blogs but Aubrey has me surfing the web with her tonight.

    Later,

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome Back! Looks like you had a blast! And might I add that Tate's swimsuit is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey! I am going to Newport in a week with MY fam!!! Your pictures are getting me so excited to go! I need to take notes on what fun things to do there since it's been a few years since I've been there. Love the pictures of Tate at the beach. See you at the next gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Chelsea...How great to hear from you! It sounds like you guys are doing great with your cute little family! We will definitely have to keep in touch now that we have a connection in the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  22. it is so hard to come home!!! we got home LATE last night from san diego for 2 weeks and i dont know how i will get back into my routine!! i love the beach

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks like such a fun trip. I am so jealous. I hate getting back to everyday life after things like that. Tate is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That looks like a fun, fun trip! I love your random pictures on Wy...he's always surprised me. I remember seeing photos of you two dressed up like gansters when you were dating, and I don't think I had ever heard him say more than 2 words! So funny. You family all look great! Love Brooke's short hair.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like you guys had a blast!!
    Hey thats were we are moving to this week!! You have to let me know when you come next!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like you had a blast!! Your little girl is darling!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger