posted on: 11.13.2007

harmons?... it really is your neighborhood grocer!
This might be the most random post I've ever done, but I la la LOVE my Harmons! You know it's love when you're excited to go grocery shopping at 11:30pm! Okay... part of it might have been because it's my only time all day I get to be all by myself- sad!
At first when we moved, I was so sad to leave my other favorite grocery store, that I kept going there- despite the fact it was 10 minutes away! I would only go to Harmons for last minute things... milk, bread, that kind of stuff. I was even quoted saying it was a "ghetto" grocery store!! Then they had a huge makeover complete with a great new deli, eating area, and an all natural section (I'm not much into natural foods, I really just like the hardwood floors they put in for that section of the store!!) But, my 2 FAVORITE things about Harmons and the reason I will make it my "regular" grocer is because...1- they play these funny "rain storm" and "thunder" sounds over the intercom right before they water their veggies!! Love it! And because they have a "drive up" service!! Yes, a drive up service! You don't even have to load your own stuff. It's not like the other stores where they offer to help you out. It's like a real life drive through- you drive up to the door, and some cute old man loads them for you! Ahh- love it! I usually have Tate with me, so it's so convienent, but tonight it was just really cold and I was lazy!
Oh, I almost forgot the other thing I have discovered there- don't kill me! But, they have pretty good CHEAP seasonal decor!! I know you all are shocked that I would even dare put something up as decoration from a grocery store, but I'm serious about them being cute. I got a ton of compliments on my Halloween Skeleton, and tonight I scored a cute Christmas candy dish for $.99!!! When I got home, I had to quickly tell Wyatt it was only $.99 so he didn't give me his "you didn't" sigh, and this is what he said "that is not even worth $.99... Christmas isn't even worth $.99"!!! Ughhh, how dare he! He is a bit of a scrooge- it's worth $.99 right?
I'm thinking it'll be darling with some homemade peppermint bark in it?

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Harmons too! I am such a grocery store snob--I dread going to the store that is down the street from my house; I also keep driving longer to my old favorite store, ten minutes away; but I'm happiest when I get to stroll the aisles of Harmons. It's beautiful. Have you ever tried their salad bar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! I get attached to certain grocery stores too! I didn't know you were still working at Babinskis! My little sister used to work there! Anyway, I love reading your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree with you more about needing and "appreciating" a great grocery store. This is something that I have been COMPLETELY been deprived of here in Southie Massachusetts. My grocery store is truly "ghetto" my dear. When I visit nice grocery stores I want to cry because they feel so fresh and wonderful, especially when they have a fabulous delly section and fresh produce- your Harmon's sounds so wonderful. I never thought I would come to the point in life when a grocery store means so much! :) ... can't wait to visit Harmon's with you in December!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is totally worth 99 cents. Good score..I love me a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am a big fan of Harmon's It's really the best. We always go straight to the bakery get Eliza a complimentary cookie for to eat while we shop. She knows that if she's a good girl she'll also get a balloon. Oh the simple joys of bribery. It honestly makes going to the store so much more convenient when you don't have a screaming child:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chels you are hilarious! I love Harmons when I was little that is the only place my mom went grocery shopping and I loved the drive up service I always thought we were "high Class" Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you did a Harmon's post! I'm also a total Harmon's gal and feel like I'm always "bearing my testimony" about how much I love the store. Your little candy dish is darling, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chels your are too funny! Your dish was a steal of a deal!!! By the way you need to call me back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Harmons too! I love the drive and load thing they do, and I also love that every time I shop there, I get .20 cents off per gallon of gas! Woo hoo! The only thing I wish they had, were the little mini carts that kids can push. That is Stella's favorite becuase she gets to help with the shopping! Only Smith's and Dan's has those though. I have never enjoyed grocery shopping, that is, until I became a mom and I remember when Stella was first born and I really looked forward to going to the grocery store at night after Cory got home and I would totally take my time and shop for like 2 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is my grocery store too! Except for mine is in So. Jordan :) I love their produce and meat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so funny- I am a Harmon's girl as well. As I read your post, it's reassuring to know that I'm not crazy and other people have the same grocery store fetishes as I do...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you found me. I am going to add you to my links so I can see what you guys are up to. You need to come to playgroup. It's more for the moms than the kids anyways, even though Tate is so little. You are so cute. I love your blog. You are so talented. Your clips are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chelsea. It's crazy how many of the same people we know. I'm surprised we've never met. Anyways, yeah I will tell her but you should go to their link (Parker's) from ours. She is about to adopt and I'm sure she'd love to her from you! I hope she doesn't look at this but...I want to order some of the hair clips for her girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chelsea!!! Of course I remember you! I just adore this blogging stuff I get to find cute friends from the past like you! Oh the Anthropologie days...You were just getting married back then and now look you have a darling little girl. I LOVE the name Tate by the way. I Love your clips so cute, that is such a talent! Keep in touch and I will keep you posted on the upcoming baby! Thanks for finding me! Much love-Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAHA! I just had this exact same experience AND...even bought the same awesome bowl!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger