posted on: 11.27.2007

{Candyland}
Isn't our little gingerbread house cute! I want to live in it! This weekend we had our "Gingerbread Extravaganza" at my parents! It was quite the event, let me tell you. My cute mom had kits for all of us, and it was so much fun! the craziness! Brooke won the award for most artistic- check out her Clark Griswold Christmas tree! What you can't see is her monogrammed walkway! She is so posh! Mine and Wyatt's house- we won for best roof (is that really an award?) Frosted Mini Wheats make for a great snowy roof! Debi's house- I say only Debi because my dad was pretending to watch the babies, but really he was just watching football! They won for best comeback... it started out a little rough, but turned out darling!Ryan & Amber's house- the Bellagio! It was so posh complete with window boxes, topiaries, and a little dog outside! They won Best Overall- whatever! Wouldn't this be a cute street? It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
Anyone who really knows me, knows I am a Christmas freak! I la la LOVE everything about Christmas, and I've already been listening to Christmas music for about 3 months! So, you won't be surprised to know that my house is already decorated. I always try and do it the day after Thanksgiving. This year I decorated while watching my favorite Christmas movie- the original Miracle on 34th Street. Wyatt pretty much thinks I'm crazy with all my Christmas shanannigans, but I know he really loves it!
I love my little Merry Christmas Garland on my mantle! It's homemade and I love the feel!! Don't worry I still have a ton more to put up- it's still a little bare! This is actually a giant post card that I picked up at All Tucked In and I was supposed to mail to someone, but instead I thought it would be cute in the mirror. Wouldn't you be so thrilled if you got one of these in the mail though?! They are so gorgeous! This centerpiece needs something else? Any ideas? It's looks too predictable. Maybe another runner, or more color? Maybe different size jars filled with pepermint candies? Um... I don't know what happened to this picture? Anyway, I am just so excited about my Bethany Lowe angel on the top shelf. This year I started collecting Angels, so this one I bought for myself at C. Hruska and it's just stunning I think! I love anything with glitter! Happy Holiday's!!!

21 comments:

  1. Aw! I love your Christmas decorations! I thought I had a ton of decorations, and as I put mine out this year, I realize I only have like 6 things! I need to add to my collection. I love your gingerbread houses too! That is such a good idea, I think I am going to propose that idea for a family home evening with my family! How fun! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness your house and decorations are stunning, I absolutely love them. Can you come to Texas and decorate my house?!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TATERTOT HAIR CLIPS, I didn't think they could be any cuter in person vs. in picture but they are actually cuter in person. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Horsley's! It was fun to see you the other night. Chelsea I am the same way with Christmas and Bryon makes fun of me. My decorations are totally out and I love it. But where's the snow? Happy Holiday's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need you to come and decorate my house for Christmas. Mine always ends up looking tacky, not classy like yours. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelsea,
    I too Love Christmas! There is nothing more festive than a house for Christmas. I always am so sad in January when they come down and my house feels so empty. Very classy decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok you make me want to have a home to decorate. You house looks so cute and festive. I love Christmas and I am so excited for it! Lunch soon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and you should go back, we finished them on Monday night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun, I love gingerbread houses. I think I need to start that tradition in my family. That is a great one. I love how festive you are with your Christmas shirt and all. Very Cute.
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  9. so fun!! pat has a ginger bread house kit on the counter at home and i've been tempted to steal it!:) is that Tate that Ryan and Amber are holding? or does their baby just look exactly like her?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I love the Frandsen Family gingerbread houses. Your family cracks me up. That looks like so much fun... Great Ideas.

    Your house looks beautiful as always. We're getting our Christmas tree this weekend and I can't wait. I'll be in SLC in two weeks!! :) I will call you today. XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your beautiful house, as always. We missed you on Wednesday - but hope you had a fun night. We'll just have to do it another time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those gingerbread houses are adorable. What a fun activity! I am lovin' your holiday decor. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay Chelsea, why is your family so dang cute!?! Will you come decorate my house when we finally move? I am serious you have the greatest taste! I even love your little ginger-bread house!!! Hey we want to start a little girls bonco night, and I would love it you came. What is your schedule with work and all? It might be a little crazy with the holidays but I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks beautiful! I'm loving the early enjoyment of the season. You've got to pencil in a little Chocolate Party on the 12th. Details on my blog...it'd be fun to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was wondering where you got your cute I believe in Santa Clause Shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute new hair . . .cute bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. For Kate- I got my Santa shirt at Hip & Humble! They have clothes now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Chelsea. I love your hair clips. I totally want to buy some when I come in town for Christmas. Sadie finally has a little hair to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your christmas stuff is so cute! Don't you love this time of year! Does Wyatt help you decorate the Christmas tree? Preston just isn't having it. Bah Humbug to him! Gingerbread houses are so fun too! You guys did great! We should all get together for dinner again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I ADORE that garland. How did you make it?

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger