posted on: 9.26.2007

Surprise!!!!"When you play music you discover a part of yourself that you never knew existed." ~ Bill Evans
I could hardly wait for Wy to come home today so he could see the birthday surprise that waited for him... a piano! I think the thing Wyatt missed most about his house growing up was the chance to sit down at the piano, relax, and play beautiful music whenever he wanted. Every Sunday when we went to his parents house for dinner he would sit down and play through his favorite hymns. It made him so happy and it's been one of his goals to become better. Besides all of these reasons I LOVE to have music playing in the home. Nothing invites the Spirit, calms, and makes your house feel like a home like beautiful music. I knew Wyatt wanted this so bad, so I was determined to find some way to get one. Since we aren't exactly rich, I knew I had to be creative and not picky. Luckily I have no problem asking for things- I knew my aunt had a piano she never used, so I had my mom call her and see if it would be okay if we used it?!?! To my surprise she had no problem with it! Perfect! It was delievered to our house around noon and I was biting my nails the whole afternoon waiting for Wyatt to come home! It's a present for me too because now I get to enjoy him playing every night!

It was so fun to see his reaction when he walked through the door and saw his gift!! He was in complete shock and was grinning ear to ear! He looked like a kid on Christmas morning! It was so gratifying for me to see him so excited and appreciative. He immediately sat down and started playing "Claire De Lune" by Debussy- our favorite! He's already played for about 2 hours tonight! One last Birthday gift... a great dinner at Market Street and 2 desserts! C'mon, you gotta have one at the restaurant and one for a midnight snack later!

Happy Birthday Wy!!

18 comments:

  1. Wow Chelsea, you might just win the #1 wife-of-the-year award! That was such a thoughful gift, and a big one I might add. Seriously piano's never loose their value. They usually appreciate. I keep telling my husband that. Since he doesn't play and I play a little, it's going to be a purchase down the road. Seriously that will be such a good thing for Miss Tate too! Anyways, when I was in Vegas I got their pictures taken at this place called Portrait Innovations, quess what though.... I just found out they have one here in Provo. It was so fast and easy and cheep. They took like 50 shots and it was almost too hard to choose, but it was so nice because you get your pictures back the same day. Kinda like kiddie kandids, yet way better than them and less expensive. You just have to be careful because it adds up fast. Let me know if you want to know more. I think I have an invoice around here with there web address, and prices etc. Oh, and about lunch that's fine, I'm still not up to par. This dang cold is getting the best of me. Yet I can still do a little blogging, I told Scottie it helps me take my mind off feeling miserable. So lets just keep intouch, and maybe next week will work better. Once again that was a fabulous gift and I love all the new pics. ~Lars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chels- How great are you! That is so neat that you got that for Wyatt! Preston really wants a piano, he also grew up playing and says all the time that he needs to play more often. You'll have to let me know where you found it! On my blog it was alot of trial and error but I found the only way to do a custom background is to write the HTML code for it- It is basically like writing code for websites. It is like a whole different language! I'll have to get you the details, or show you sometime, & we'll have to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that your husband loves to play like that-- way to go you on getting a piano into your house! It makes me think I need to take advantage of my piano more... And, it is so true, what you said about music- I'll bet your little girl likes the piano as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Birthday present! You do a fantastic job! I love all your thoughts about him too...You guys are such a great couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loved seeing those pictures. i'm so glad you were able to get that piano. i can't imagine how happy he must be. way to go chels...you are always outdoing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chels....the piano looks great. I still have never seen the inside of your house....hint hint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. chels...i almost started crying over this post! A piano IS a key element to having magic and happiness in the home. I love that Wyatt plays! You are lucky. That is so sweet, what a great gift....He is Lucky too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're the best wife ever! I loved the sweet entry you wrote about Wyatt and then to pull the piano thing off is amazing! Next time I'm trying to come up with something sweet and unexpected (and fabulous) for Bri, I'm calling you!

    p.s. Claire de Lune is also my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing better than giving that perfect gift that you know somebody is going to absolutely love. It will be hard to out do that one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you kidding me Chelsea? That deserves a best wife award. SO sweet. I have the opposite problem. I inhereted a piano but have no one to play it. I absolutley looove piano music and agree it brings the spirit into the home. At times I try to play the select few songs I know, but I I may have to have my boys learn so that I can enjoy some real music myself. Good job!

    p.s. Market Street is one of my faves too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok so i just read the part on your blog that wyatt is working at huntsman caner in... well so does my bro scott samuelson. he's a dr there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy birthday wyatt! i totally forgot you played the piano... hope you had a great day!

    Becca (sorella lawler)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ya Zeke is so funny. He keeps asking me for that nummy pie! infact he is sitting here asking me for that nummy pie for lunch. "Can we go get it"? He just asked ironically...he means the Toll House Pie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, the changed the dates of the art show. It now starts on the 11th, which i am so happy about because i now will be there for opening day! Let's go together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the bows! seriously i do. i need a lot more colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chels,
    do you have the new fluerville lexie tote at Babinskis? the Turquoise(sp?) one? Let me know when you go to work tomorrow. It is so cute! And how does it compare to Resse li if you have it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok, i will come in tomorrow for sure! London is going to be Dorothy from WofOz. I have had her costume for over a month now. What is Tate going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh and it is baby signing time and she loves loves loves it. it teaches to sign.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger