posted on: 7.29.2007

A Thousand Splendid Suns...
Okay... So my all time favorite book is Kite Runner, by this same author. So, when I heard that Khaled Hosseini had wrote another book I was all over it. I knew it was going to be good, but I had no idea I would love it as much as I did. Kite Runner touched me in a way no other book had, and I had the same feelings when I finished this book. I will never think of war in the same way, and I have a new respect for the people of Afganistan and other middle eastern countries, especially the women. If you are looking for a new book for the end of the summer, you can't go wrong with this one!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Chels! I love Kite Runner as well. I'll have to jump on this one. You always recommend great books. I just read The Memory Keepers Daughter- that's a great one too. Miss you! Call me soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! Kite Runner is next on my list. I have heard great things about it. I'll have to check out this one now too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chels. Kite Runner is one of my very favorites too. I am busy with Harry Potter at the moment, but Twilight is next, I already bought it. I will have to get going so that we can discuss. To answer your question about the pictures on our blog, my answer is that I can't remember! I just played around for a while and figured the formatting out. I will see if I can do it again and I will let you know! Corinne is going to Seattle this week and she is going to Cupcake Royale because of your post. I am jealous! It is making me want to make cupcakes and eat them all.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger